FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/Non EU residents and additional fees for an online current account/


The notary needs to refund me the investment capital on the escrow account, but I don't have a RIB because my bank is non-European: what should I provide?

With a RIB (“relevé d'identité bancaire”), you can easily communicate to third parties your unique bank account details to facilitate various types of transactions (transfers, withdrawals ...).

The RIB must contain a 27-digit International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and a Bank Identifier Code (BIC) which prove that an account exists.

As such, should you have a foreign bank account, you must send your notary your IBAN and BIC identifiers.

alf recommends you to open a bank account in France, with one of our privileged partners: it's simple, fast and 100% online.

Read more:

Open an online account with the help of Alf

Non-EU residents and opening bank account fees

alf's partnership with iBanFirst