FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/What documents do you need to register for VAT in Europe?/

What documents do you need to register for VAT in Europe?

In most cases, the Seller must provide the following documents:

For sole traders and companies:

  • VAT certificate that confirms the Sellers registration for VAT anywhere in the EU, if applicable.
  • Tax certificate that proves the Sellers registration with the tax office of his home country (for sole traders only).
  • Passport copy of sole trader/shareholders.

For companies only:

  • Articles of Association.
  • Certificate of incorporation.
  • An extract from the company's national trade register.

alf assists you in registering your company for VAT. To discover our offer, please visit our VAT registration page.

Read more:

A clear introduction to VAT

Alf and your VAT paperwork

Is french VAT registration necessary?

What is a tax representative?

Get to know more about Alf's services for companies visiting our FAQs