Can I create a company in France if I am not a French national?
Yes, you can create a company in France (including on any French territory), even if you are not a French national.
The conditions on which you can incorporate a company in France are different, depending on two factors :
- Whether you are an EU national, or from any other country outside of the European Union
- Your place of residence
If you live in France:
- First case: You are an EU national, or a European Economic Area national: you can incorporate your company in France without any constraints related to your place of residence or nationality. You will only have to us with an ID card.
- Second case: You are a national from a country outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. You have to hold a residence permit which mentions that you are allowed to work as a self-employed person. This residence permit must be requested to the prefecture of the department of residence.
If you don't live in France:
- First case: you want to settle in France: you will be required to ask for a long-stay visa. This visa will be granted if your project is viable. Once in France, you will need a temporary residence permit mentioning your activity.
- Second case: You don't plan to settle in France: you will have to register to the Trade and Companies Register without having to make any prior declaration to the prefecture.
alf assists you in the incorporation of your company and the management of your company's paperwork. For further details, please visit our website.
The registration process with Alf
How to obtain your SIREN and SIRET numbers
Some information to read prior to your incorporation with Alf
Get to know more about Alf's services for companies by visiting our FAQs